Code of Ethics
The members of this Association shall be limited to those persons who shall subscribe to the following Code of Ethics. Members of the Building Contractors Association of Southwestern Idaho believe and affirm that:
- Homeownership can and should be within the reach of every American family.
- American homes should be well-designed, well-constructed and well-located in attractive communities, with educational, recreational, religious and shopping facilities accessible to all.
- American homes should be built under the American free enterprise system.
To achieve these goals, we subscribe to the following principles and policies:
- Acknowledge paramount allegiance to our country, our republic and to the American private enterprise economic system; we assume those certain prime responsibilities to our community and our customers.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy.
- High standards of health, safety and sanitation be built into every home.
- Members shall deal fairly with each other.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment and improve methods of home financing to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
- All sound legislation proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American way of life. We pledge our support to our associates, our Local, State, and National associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the Building Contractors Association of Southwestern Idaho.